Nonna Franca Limoncello Recipe
1 litre of water
1 litre of alcohol 95°
10 large Lemons Amalfi PGI
700 gr of white sugar
• Wash the lemons thoroughly and remove all residues
• Peel the lemons by removing only the yellow part and cut the peel into small pieces
• Take a glass jar, put the peels inside to macerate with 700 ml of alcohol for 20-30 days. The jar must be closed hermetically and left to macerate in a dark cool place
• After maceration, pour the water in a pot, bring to a boil and add the sugar until it dissolves
• Allow to cool and pour it together with the other 300 ml in the jar where the peels were left to macerate
• Close again tightly and set aside for at least a month. Subsequently filter the mixture obtained, eliminating the peels and lumps
• Pour into one or more bottles and place in the freezer before use. If well preserved, limoncello can last almost one year
Easy to make, it takes its name from its sibling from the island ...
In one of the highest and most panoramic areas of Positano, insid ...